Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 19, 2014

A Picture from my Future

There's something about her face
I remember seeing in another place
Somewhere buried deep in my mind
An almost familiar someone who was kind
And gentle to me a long time ago
But lost to me in Winter's snow
My aged mind fights against the dark
As death tries to corner me as it's mark
I escape again the killing shot 
And leave with this praise in my thoughts...

Someday in a time that's yet to come
A future that will frighten some 
The sun will fail to rise one day
And it will force the people to say
Oh, God, have you forgotten us
And wise men will sit and just discuss
Then I will finally remember her name 
And know that it was me to blame
But on that day when my world ends
This time well parted as loving friends...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Careful!